How can sustainable firms, who are developing circular business models pursue their course in the uncertain economic conditions? What is the role of banks in the time of the pandemic? Have opportunities for investors in circular and sustainable businesses improved with the pandemic? If yes, why and in what terms?
This seminar focused on the challenges that circular transformation and development of circular business models face in times of the pandemic. The programme was guided by questions on what the challenges and particularities for companies and banks are and how the pandemic and global economic repercussions influence financing of circular opportunities.
Speakers at the webinar and their presentations:
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport (2014-2019), entrepreneur, manager, advisor, lecturer and author (presentation available here)
- Francesco Ferrero, Head of EIB Group Office for Slovenia (presentation available here)
- Slaven Mičković, Experienced risk manager, Abanka (presentation available here)
- Karin Huber Heim, Academic Programme Director, MSc Sustainability and Responsible Management at the University of Applied Sciences BFI Vienna (presentation available here)
- Luigi Amati, CEO, Meta Group (presentation available here)
- Peter Groznik, CEO, MSIN and Partner at NorthGrant (presentation available here)
- Jurij Giacomelli, Founder and Managing Director of Gm, the holder of Circular Business Academy (moderation and methodological inputs) (presentation available here)
Check out the full programme
Participants also got to know the tool Circularity Assessment Score (CAS) and learned how to use it. It is a tool to help companies define their level of circularity and the type of a business model from the point of departure in managing risks and searching for the most appropriate forms of financing. You can still complete the Quick CAS questionnaire if you wish to have a first feedback on where you stand in your circular transformation journey.